One pan easy savoury rice that my fussy toddlers love. My measurements are very ‘approximate’ as I haven’t ever been exact with their amounts. Serves 5-6 and is great for leftovers. We also like it cold for lunch the next day!
It’s been a great Sunday night dinner served with chinese flavour marinated chicken wings.
This recipe can be used to make sausage rolls or meatballs. It is super tasty but has hidden vegetables for a little extra nutrition for fussy toddlers.
One batch will make approx. 60 meatballs or 8 lengths of sausage rolls. I often split the mix and make half meatballs and half sausage rolls.
Great eaten hot or cold and they freeze well for lunch boxes or quick meals. Meatballs can be added to tomato pasta sauce and eaten with spaghetti or just eaten on their own. I make for finger food for parties too.
I made this for Xavier’s birthday party picnic. It was very helpful to prepare something the day before and it tasted great hot and cold. The recipe I read included making your own pastry but I can never be bothered (or have the time) so used puff pastry and it was perfect. Up to you. I used a long quiche/tart dish rather than round which made it easier to eat by hand at the picnic.
I read this on Facebook and think they are very wise messages.
20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son
1. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t take something away from her that you can’t give back.
2. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect
3. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you’re young because you’re going to need it some day.
5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it’s even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. “Yes ma’am” and “yes sir” still go a long way.
14. The reason that they’re called “private parts” is because they’re “private”. Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
17. Be patriotic.
18. Potty humor isn’t the only thing that’s humorous.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
Working as a Marketing Consultant from the farm is one of the aspects of my work that is very complimentary to my new life although who would have thought it!
It will be interesting to see how it works after the baby is born.